- looking for sensible ways to meet the Citywide Instructional Expectations
- ready to develop a Writing Center in your school
- searching for a program that will fully engage students in writing and may even result in students identifying themselves as writers
- or dreaming of a school that "goes global" into the 21st century and prepares your students for professions that do not yet exist, CPET will effectively tailor a program to meet your school's needs.
New SLI Services
In addition to our current projects, we've developed specialized services that target school-wide needs for the upcoming 2013-14 school year:
- Authentic implementation of the Danielson framework: Leveraging the Danielson framework as an opportunity to deepen instructional and assessment practices
- Managing Local Measures of student growth for teacher evaluation: 20% of teacher effectiveness is dependent on the pending agreement between the DOE and the unions. When this measure comes into effect, there will be a learning curve for everyone involved. CPET has been a key consultant on the DOE Local Measures Pilot, and we know exactly what it takes to develop practices to demonstrate teacher effectiveness and increase student achievement.
- Aligning curriculum, unit pans and performance assessments to Common Core Standards: Deepening pedagogy through thoughtful planning, focusing on the city's priority standards, instructional shifts and the changing landscape of state exams.
- Leveraging teacher teams as change agents: Support for the development and effectiveness of teacher teams and teacher leaders.
- Instruction & assessment coaching: Support for new teachers, content areas and school leaders with PD for instructional practices, tools and strategies, and assessment design.